Bell-Meyer brings with her over 10 years’ experience working with chambers of commerce and economic development initiatives.
From the Desk of the Interim CEO; The Perfect Time
LEARNING never stops—and nor should it. As the world around us continues to evolve, so must we. As we are currently navigating a slower market than in the recent past, it is the perfect time to look towards professional development.
Would you be happy using a lawyer who had not stayed abreast of legal changes in recent decades? Would you be satisfied seeing a doctor who had not looked at any medical advances in the past 20 years? Absolutely not—and real estate professionals are in the same boat.
The real estate industry is changing and developing just the same as everything else—from changes in regulations and legislation, to enhanced marketing platforms, through economic cycles. The industry is simply not the same as it once was. This is a good thing—change is good.
What does this mean for real estate professionals? Simply: we need to be at the top of our game. The best way to do this is through developing ourselves. Not just because we are required to take 22.5 hours of continuing education every two years, but because we see the value in professional development. The Hudson Gateway School of Real Estate is an excellent resource with a varied course curriculum and top-notch instructors.
If you find you have downtime as you navigate through this current market, in addition to taking real estate related courses, you may want to pursue a REALTOR® designation or certification. These include GRI, CCIM, CIPS, GREEN, AHWD and SRES courses, among others.
REALTOR® designations and certifications can provide several benefits for real estate professionals, including:
• Keeping Up with Industry Changes: The real estate industry is constantly evolving with new laws, regulations, and technology emerging all the time. Realtor designations and certifications provide real estate professionals with the most current information to help stay up to date with these changes and adapt practices accordingly.
• Increased Knowledge and Skills: Realtor designations and certifications require additional education and training, which can increase a real estate agent’s knowledge and skills in specific areas of the industry. This can help better serve clients and provide more specialized services.
• Credibility and Professionalism: Designations and certifications can enhance a real estate agent’s credibility and professionalism in the eyes of clients and colleagues. They demonstrate a commitment to professional development and a desire to stay on top of the latest trends and best practices in the industry. This can instill trust and confidence with clients and colleagues.
• Competitive Edge: Having a designation or certification can provide a competitive edge in a crowded real estate market. It can distinguish agents from their peers and demonstrate their expertise in a particular area of the industry.
• Networking and Collaboration: Designations and certifications can also provide networking opportunities with other real estate professionals who hold similar designations and certifications. This can lead to valuable connections and collaborations that can benefit a real estate agent’s career.
Overall, Realtor designations and certifications can provide real estate professionals with the knowledge, skills, credibility and a competitive edge they need to succeed in the industry. However, it is important to note that not all designations and certifications are created equal, and it’s essential to research and choose ones that align with your career goals and interests.
HGAR is happy to announce that seven of our members were recent recipients of the New York State Real Estate Education Foundation (NYSREEF) scholarships totaling $1,385. Congratulations to: Yin Choy Chen, Dena Cutler, Daniel Estevez, Shannon Hargrove, Ryan Kominski, Shanell Reyes and Amalie Thomas.
The foundation’s goal is to foster greater knowledge and professionalism among Realtors by providing scholarships for high-level, national designation courses, thereby enhancing the public’s real estate transaction experience. They are dedicated to promoting high ethical standards and professionalism in the real estate industry in New York State. By supporting individuals pursuing education in the field, the foundation is investing in the future of the industry and helping to ensure that it continues to thrive.
Any Realtor actively engaged in real estate, who holds primary Realtor membership in New York State and who has been licensed in New York State for at least one full year, is eligible to apply. This includes salespersons, associate brokers, brokers and appraisers. The awarding of scholarships is not based on income. Click here to apply: https://nysreef.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/NYSREEF-Application-Rev-January-2021.pdf
I am proud to say that HGAR has consistently supported the foundation with an annual contribution. If you would like to help your fellow Realtor members in their climb to excellence you can contribute to the Foundation. Click here to donate: https://nysreef.org/#donate-now.