Schick comes to this new role with more than 27 years of experience as a leader working with real estate agents.
HGAR Wins Prestigious Platinum Global Achievement Program Award From NAR
WASHINGTON—The National Association of Realtors has notified the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors that it will bestow the PLATINUM Global Achievement Program Award for 2022 to HGAR for its global services initiatives undertaken by its Global Business Council at a national conference in Orlando in a few weeks.
The PLATINUM Global Achievement Program award is presented to Realtor associations that “provide the highest level of global services to its members by consistently providing them with the tools they need to handle international real estate and connect with the global community in the area.”
Tony D’Anzica, HGAR President Elect and 2022 Global Business Council Co-Chair, announced HGAR’s award selection today. He said HGAR’s Global Business Council has been one of the most active and innovative in the United States. “We topped off our year with a stunningly successful Global Real Estate Summit (held in New York City on Oct. 20). HGAR, led by our Global Business Council, brought together 11 Realtor associations in three states and two countries to create one of the largest collaborative efforts ever spearheaded by a local Realtor association,” he said.
Earlier this year, HGAR’s Global Business Council organized its first Trade Mission to Portugal in June, which included attendees from HGAR and Realtors from other countries and states. Hosted by partner, Portugal International Realty (PIR), participants attended classes, toured new developments, met with accountants, attorneys and local Realtors. The HGAR contingent was also hosted by the Porto City Council at City Hall, attended a dinner hosted by the Mayor of Porto, and formed a new relationship with APEMIP, Portugal’s national professional real estate association. At NAR’s NXT convention in November, HGAR will reunite with a 15 member Portuguese delegation from PIR and APEMIP where HGAR will continue to explore ways to develop key partnerships.
“As co-chair of our Global Business Council, along with co-chair Emi Cacace, we are proud that we have been able to provide our HGAR members with what is now a nationally recognized model for providing education, events, and opportunities to raise our global awareness, increase our level of professionalism, and foster opportunities to expand our real estate business networks both locally and globally,” D’Anzica said. “As your 2023 President-elect, I am committed to making sure that HGAR will not only continue to provide our members with the best possible resources to grow professionally, but will continue to lead our entire metropolitan region in developing innovative and valuable programming.”
D’Anzica also thanked HGAR staff, including Director of Marketing Cathleen Stack, for assisting the council in expanding its service offerings.
Other key efforts undertaken in 2022 by the HGAR Global Business Council include:
• Collaborated with FIABCI International to organize an Investor Forum and Cocktail Reception and participate in the three-day FIABCI International Trade Mission in New York City. (15 Members of the HGAR Global Business Council participated.)
• Continued with its innovative and unique Global Business Chat series (featuring Switzerland, Ecuador and Canada to date).
• Signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Ukrainian Realtors Association.
• Hosted one of Dubai’s leading developers, Nahkeel, at the HGAR offices in White Plains.
• Hosted an annual International Night together with HGAR’s YPN Group.
• Hosted a “Live from Dubai Expo” webcast.
• Represented HGAR at the MIPIM conference in Cannes, France, where HGAR President, Anthony Domathoti participated on a panel and was featured in its magazine.
• Offered HGAR Members CIPS Classes in conjunction with NYSAR. HGAR had many Global Business Council and other HGAR Members participate in these classes including the new class on Africa offered recently. There is still one class remaining, offered on Nov. 16 & 17th—The Americas and International Real Estate.
• Hosted a CIPS networking event in the Bronx and participated in many others throughout our metropolitan region.
• Conducted the Global Business Council’s first International Residential Real Estate Business Survey in conjunction with NAR.
The award will be presented to HGAR during the NAR NXT Conference in Orlando, FL, which will be held from Nov. 11-13.